Those of you just starting out in business must wonder, “Why does my business need social media marketing?” Even those of you who are already running successful businesses wonder. Here’s some good rules to follow if you’re new to Social Media…
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Seriously, it should be rather obvious, but social media marketing is about being a good community member. What exactly does that mean? It means you need to be appropriate, and compassionate with others in your community, in order to make your brand likable.
- Inbound isn’t enough. For a business to flourish you need to combine outbound marketing with inbound. Never underestimate what a bit of paid promotion can do for your business. Both Facebook & Twitter have programs that fit any budget.
- You must have good content! Without good, well-written and produced engaging content, any and all tactics that you choose to employ will most likely fail.
- You will need a strong Call-t0-Action. You’ve probably heard this before, but it’s simple, the tried-and-true call to action is just as important in social media as it is everywhere else. Be clear about what you want your audience to do after engaging with your content or platform/brand.
- Always add value. In the end, if you’re not providing some sort of value to your prospects and customers, they will not engage.
- Never forget that social media is a two-way street. It’s fine to broadcast your message, but remember to keep the lines of communication open in both directions, When someone engages you on your networks, be sure to respond in kind. Respond quickly and sincerely. Be sure to mix up your messaging and use a combination of content and offers.
- Peer-to-peer sharing is the best way to get your message heard.